Saturday, July 09, 2011

Celebrities Love Givenchy






Whenever we get in a piece of Givenchy in my designer resale boutique, we literally have a moment of silence to thank the fashion gods for blessing us with such magnificent garments. It's a ritual we enjoy doing time after time.

Celebrities are wearing Givenchy silhouettes frequently on the red carpet. It's never a snooze fest with the talented designer Riscardo Tisci. He knows how to bring on the drama with his exquisite fashion forward garments. The craftsmanship is beyond superb. I can see little old Italian streamstress in the village sewing on each sequin at at time.

The pieces are adorned with feathers, embellishments, and sculptural shapes. Naomi Campbell and Ciara(Riscardo Tisci's Muse) blew my mind in their extraordinary embellished gowns.

Zoe Saldana was my best dressed at the 2010 Oscars in her spectacular lavender ombre tulle heavenly creation. Liv Tyler rocked an amazing white and yellow feathered extravaganza gown to the 2011 MET Ball.

Jennifer Hudson and Kim Kardashian chose fabulous black and white flirty pieces.

I look forward every season to see what we will get in from Givenchy and I am praying for Jennifer Hudson's adorable skirt. I hope the fashion gods answer my prayers!

3 comments:

ALLAROUNDEVE said...

Givenchy has a quality of looking diverse. But not *so* diverse it would look good on Penelope.

EAK

Brooke Jones said...

Where is your boutique?

The House Of Fabulous said...

It's called Selections in Chicago 2152 N. Clybourn in Lincoln Park.