Sunday, June 26, 2011

2011 BET Awards


First, I would like to address the nominees of the 2011 BET Awards. Who the hell were they? I didn't know half of them. I know I am getting old but come on now. Did they get these people off the streets and just put their names on the ballots?

Since I got that off my chest, lets get started with the red carpet!

Kerry Washington lit up the red carpet in her amazing lemon sexy thigh-high Michael Kors silk column dress. I adore the sexy keyhole detail on the bodice.

She completed her look with a sleek ponytail and black Christian Louboutin pointy heels.


Jill Scott looks regal as ever in her beautiful black sheer embellished dress.

A curled up-do, a silver clutch and dangling earrings completed her look.


Ashanti looked gorgeous in her Jean Fares Couture teal embellished dress.

I do admit that it's a bit too tight and too much for the 'BET Awards' but she worked it out.

Too bad she couldn't work her hideous hair out! Why can't this girl get her hair together?


Keri Hilson wore a chic purple bustier Tibi jumpsuit.

I simply adore her sleek bangs, turquoise pendant, black cut-out sandals and flawless make-up.


Alicia Keys also opted for an effortless chic Dolce & Gabbana ensemble.

It's a little boring for my taste but her zebra printed Christian Louboutin "Daffodile" platforms took this ensemble to a whole another level!

Just like Ashanti, I am not feeling this dead skunk on top of her head!


I love ruffles to no end but Kelly Rowland's fuchsia ruffled Notte by Marchesa dress is a little too cha cha for my taste. It's like she is being attack by the ruffles!

I am not a fan of her hair nor her nude strappy Jimmy Choo sandals paired with this dress either. They are just too much with the dress.

I do have to say that I am loooving her single "Motivation" especially the remix with Busta Rhymes. Thank God this girl finally got a hit!


Keke Palmer rocked a cute silver and black shimmering Mandalay peplum strapless dress.

The actress spiced things up with blond highlights.

I wished she wore more exciting shoes because her black pumps are a big snooze.


Lala Vazquez wore a shimmering silver custom Tom Ford dress. Lala is like Jessica Simpson, they just can't seem to find the right shape silhouette for their body types.

The dress makes her look too boxy and the back is beyond tragic. I can't believe Tom Ford made this dress especially for her and the fit is horrific.

Beyonce wore the gold version on the Spring 2011 runway and she looked fabulous because it complimented her body.

She completed her look with black strappy Jimmy Choo sandals.


Meagan Good obviously think this is the 'Oscars' instead of the 'BET Awards'. She looked beautiful but this was the wrong occasion for this silhouette.

Her black taffeta haltered dress was way tooooo much for this event. She looks like a little girl playing in her mother's clothes.


Estelle also opted for a long gown but her choice was more appropriate.

She looks regal in her gunmetal embellished Naeem Khan one-shouldered strapless dress.

She finished her look with a cropped bob and a snakeskin clutch.


Michelle Williams looks cute in her purple draped mesh underlay BCBG Max Azria dress.

Loose curls and fabulous metallic mirrored Giuseppe Zanotti peep-toes completed her look.


Letoya Luckett always look fabulous. She rocked a cute flirty lace number,

Side swept hair and nude Christian Louboutins finished off her look.


Tika Sumpter rocked a sexy Herve Leger By Max Azria woven cut-out number.

She finished off her look with a sleek hair, red clutch and black platforms.


Nicki Minaj looked cute in her mauve knit Mark Fast ruffed dress.

I just hate the printed tights and heavy black ankle boots paired with the dress.

I do however love that she kept her hair simple so we can focus on her pretty face.


Seriously Eve, Did you really think this whole Thomas Wylde ensemble was a good idea?

This is so atrocious that I really don't know where to begin?

I know you are struggling to remain relevant in the music industry but dressing like an idiot will get you nowhere! Talking about trying too hard.


I just love Willow and Jaden Smith.

I was delighted that the brother and sister duo won together.

Willow rocked a red leather jacket, her dad's "Fresh Prince" t-shirt, shorts and funky boots.

Jaden's leopard pants are killing me but he is a rock star!

2 comments:

connie said...

Great coverage as always. Eve looked like she raided willow's closet. Where is rosco?

The House Of Fabulous said...

Thanx Connie. I didn't feature her because her dress was beyond hideous!