Monday, May 02, 2011

2011 Met Ball: "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty"


Wow! This is what looking stunning is all about. We are mere mortals living in her fabulous world.

Iman continues to give me a fashion heart attack every single time she graces the red carpet. The supermodel is right on trend in her 70s-inspired gold sequined plunged neck Stella McCartney jumpsuit.

I am loooving her new blond curly locks!


This is the reason Jennifer Lopez is the most beautiful woman in the world!

She is giving me hotness in her gorgeous red flowing Gucci dress paired with an equally gorgeous rosette bolero.

She completed her look with sleek pulled back hair and popping red lips.


I applaud Naomi Campbell for paying homage to her good friend Alexander McQueen by wearing his exquisite ivory embroidered ensemble.

I know most people may hate and not appreciate this dress but this is pure art.

I am not crazy about her hair. What's up with the 10 year old little girl ponytail? A sleek chignon would had been perfect. Her hair is just sooo distracting from Alexander McQueen's masterpiece.


Speaking of awful hair! Kerry Washington is definitely having a Vanessa Williams hair moment tonight. What is that curly mess sitting on top of her head?

Anyway, lets focus on her beautiful seafoam green cut-out Escada dress. I love this sweet delicate silhouette but I really expected more from her.

Zoe Saldana also played it safe in her lemon strapless Calvin Klein dress.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty but it looks too much like a bridesmaid's dress.


Jennifer Hudson wore a lovely silk organza and French tulle Vera Wang strapless dress.

She completed her look with a chic ponytail and gold diamond pendant earrings.


Finally, someone who shook things up! Rihanna opted for a sexy lace Stella McCartney one-shouldered dress with a sheer side panel but it still an off night for her.

I am loooving her black strappy Christian Louboutin sandals.

I am not trying to be funny but was everybody hair stylist on crack? What in the name of hot mess is going on? Her hair stylist needs to be haul off and shot!


Beyonce and her hubby Jay-Z were in attendance. She opted for an opulent black and gold embroidered Emilio Pucci mermaid tulle dress.

I am still on the fence with this dress. It's a little too much going on for my taste. It was so damn tight she had to be carried up the stairs!

She completed her look with a sleek hair and neutral make-up.


Eva Mendes rocked some delicious color in her purple pleated Stella McCartney one-shouldered belted dress.

I adore her soft up-do to complete her look.


Ciara looked fantastic in her embellished Prabal Gurung strapless dress.

The singer rocked some funky bracelets to give her look an edgy vibe.

Long wavy locks and flawless make-up completed her look.


I love the top portion of Keri Hilson pale blue embellished Versace dress but the tulle on the bottom is just simply overwhelming.

I do however like her soft curls and make-up.

Stay tune for more fabulous 2011 MET Ball Fashions!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Iman is a Goddess!

Mica xoxo said...

I kinda like beyonce's dress
not keen on rhianna's hair and dress
Iman...say no more ;-)
not feeling Kerri Hilson and Ciara
Kerry Washington looks ok, but agree with you on the hair
J-Lo looks like a Goddess
...I'm loving the weight loss on J.Hudson but I feel like because she has lost this weight and is catching up on all the dresses she couldn't wear when she was bigger....J.Hudson not every dress is going to suit you....not feeling the Vera Wang dress on you...sorry.
Anyone else i didn't mention.....well SNM

Love the post though; I've taken some pics lol

Mica xoxo said...

I kinda like beyonce's dress
not keen on rhianna's hair and dress
Iman...say no more ;-)
not feeling Kerri Hilson and Ciara
Kerry Washington looks ok, but agree with you on the hair
J-Lo looks like a Goddess
...I'm loving the weight loss on J.Hudson but I feel like because she has lost this weight and is catching up on all the dresses she couldn't wear when she was bigger....J.Hudson not every dress is going to suit you....not feeling the Vera Wang dress on you...sorry.
Anyone else i didn't mention.....well SNM

Love the post though; I've taken some pics lol