Sunday, February 06, 2011

Italian Vogue "The Black Allure" Spread



Just when I thought the Italian Vogue 2008 "Black Issue" would never happen in my life time again, Editor Franca Sozzani has done it again for the February 2011 issue by featuring all African-American and Latino models in their photo spread called "Black Allure". The theme was the roaring 1920's Harlem.

It was completely extraordinary seeing all of these stunning models together. My favorite looks are Ajak Jeng in the gorgeous orange Jil Sander dress, Chanel Iman in the beautiful turquoise fringed Versace dress and Melodie Monrose in the regal ombre Louis Vuitton fringed dress.

I feature all of these ladies on my blog because it's a honor to view their outstanding beauty daily. I am certain just like the "Black Issue" spread this one will sell out immediately because contrary to belief, African-American models sell magazines!

2 comments:

CC said...

Absolutely LOVE it!

Sheryl said...

I saw this the other day. The models, clothes, and colors are just beautiful! I'm also developing a big crush on Ajak.