Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Fashion Week Fall 2011: Mimi Plange














Mimi Plange and Andre Leon Talley

It's that time of the year again! Fashion Week in New York is always a glorious occasion. All of the giants in fashion and the bloggers are in New York for the sensational fashion presentations.

One of my clients named Heather will be attending Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera, Monique Lhuillier and Yigal Azrouel shows. I am sooo excited(I really mean jealous but my time will come) for her. I will be with her in spirit!

I had to take notice of designer Mimi Plange since Andre Leon Talley was in attendance for her Fall 2011 presentation. The native Ghanaian designer launch her fabulous line in 2007. I simply adore the craftsmanship and the architectural lines of her garment.

The silhouettes are adorned with stunning ruffles, embellishments and strong prints. The gowns are vibrant and exquisite. My favorite piece is the subtle black ruffled dress because it's minimalist with a twist.

I love that she is not afraid of colors and prints!

1 comment:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

I LOVE IT! AND SHES A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN! THAT ANDRE LEON TALLEY ON THE OTHER HAND, WELL....ITS OK.