Thursday, December 30, 2010

Remembering A Genius: Lee Alexander McQueen






I still remembered the day February 11, 2010 like it was yesterday. One of my fabulous clients announced the dreadful news that Lee Alexander McQueen committed suicide only days shortly after his mother Joyce passed in London.

She wore his black wool ruffled coat to give homage to the designer that she got from the store which looked stunning on her. The whole day we view his amazing fashion shows on the internet.

He was known for his exquisite theatrical couture ensembles with divas such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Naomi Campbell, Salma Hayek and even our very own First Lady Michelle Obama wearing his artistic garments on the red carpet.

The fashion industry truly lost a genius this year. We were bless to witness his creativity and his impeccable craftsmanship.

1 comment:

Connie said...

His designs were masterpieces. I still have that gray cashmere with the black patent leather piping cape that I got from the store. I get a lot of compliments every time I wear it.