Monday, September 13, 2010

Essence Magazine's 40th Fierce & Fabulous Awards Luncheon


Essence's Magazine celebrated their 40th Fierce and Fabulous Award Luncheon at the Mandarin Hotel in New York.

The honorees were Naomi Campbell, Kerry Washington, Viola Davis, Valerie Jarrett, Wendy Williams and Mary Mary among with others representing in the four categories of Visionaries, Innovators, Artists and She-roes.

Naomi Campbell looks like the supermodel she is. The diva is giving me chicness to the highest power! I am loooving her sculptural dress and her black and white spectators. I normally don't like glasses on the red carpet but when you look this stunning, I will let it slide!



I need a moment right now because this has to be the first time in history that I don't care for Kerry Washington's ensemble. She clearly has two seasons going on and it's not working at all.

Her spring pale green printed dress is just okay and then she has the nerves to pair them with those heavy winter ankle boots.

Please excuse me, I need to call my fashion therapist!



Thank God Gabrielle Union didn't disappoint me! She looks beyond fabulous in her black leather trimmed dress.

I adore her loose curls and she finally peeled off those black peep-toe ankle boots.



LaLa Vasquez looks a little too mature in her matronly printed blouse paired with a black leather skirt.

I know she wanted to look sophisticated for the event but it's just not working for me.


Host Tracee Ellis Ross glowed in her gold metallic dress paired with a cute belt and funky leopard heels.

No comments: