Thursday, August 05, 2010

Iman Celebrate Essence's 40th Magazine Anniversary





Essence is celebrating their 40th anniversary issue and the cover is beyond stunning! Iman, Liya Kebede and "Blood Diamond" herself Naomi Campbell graced the cover.

I am sure everyone heard about the controversy about Elliana Placas, the new white Fashion Editor of the magazine. I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed because I felt how will she know about what an African-American like myself would like to rock? Does she know that my jeans gap in the waist because my hips are wider? Will she know that I love vibrant colors and ethnic prints to celebrate my culture? Will she know the average size in my community is a size 12 and not a 4?

Essence magazine has always been my fashion bible for African-American style. I look forward to the fashion editorials because I see women who represents my beauty but equal opportunity goes both ways. I pray Elliana continues to bring us fabulous fashion forward spreads.

Some people actually ask me why I showcase white celebrities on my blog? Are you kidding me? When it comes to fashion, I don't care what color you are as long as you are letting me have it!

Iman looked impeccable as always in her chic orange sculptural Victoria Beckham belted dress. Here we go with the boring black heels. I would have preferred nude heels but of course she still look flawless.

No comments: