Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Celebrities Love Azzedine Alaia








I remember back in 1994 when my friends and I went to New York for fun (I was young and fabulous at the time), we came across a cute little boutique in Soho that carried stunning Azzedine Alaia dresses. We were drooling over the the body conscious dresses. I didn't want to waste the salesperson time because the dresses were thousands of dollars but my friend insist on trying one of the dresses on and I am glad she did because it was a magical moment.

Naomi Campbell has been the muse for Azzedine Alaia for over twenty years. The model looks spectacular in his garments because few designers know a woman's body like Alaia. He is a genius when it comes to pattern making and fit. His silhouettes are sexy and chic. Victoria Beckham and Katie Holmes are also big fans of his trademark knit garments.

Many people were not familiar with the designer until First lady Michelle Obama started wearing his exquisite ribbon full skirt creations. It's very difficult to find craftsmanship like Alaia anymore. His dresses will continue to be apart of fashion history.

No comments: