Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Arise Africa Fashion Awards


Arise Africa Fashion Awards took place in Johannesburg, South Africa and all the divas and gentlemen were in attendance for the marvelous event. R. Kelly(I guess he still popular there) entertained the wonderful crowd.

I didn't know who South African singer Lindiwe Suttle was at first so of course I googled her and I was blown away with her sultry refreshing jazz/funk/hip-hop vibe. She is truly refreshing to hear. Her single "Sweet Like Butta" is beyond incredible.

Besides her amazing voice I am blown away with her stunning style. She is on fiyah in this magnificent mauve draped one-shouldered Kluk CGDT dress! I would kill everyone in my path for this breathtaking dress! Lindiwe wore fabulous black strappy sandals and a black textured clutch to complete her look. She has the it factor with her looks and talent.


Folake Folarin-Cokar for Tiffany Amber won "Designer of the Year". I loooove her vibrant silhouettes! She looks fantastic in her own teal draped dress.



Sierra Leonean(where my father is from) designer Adama Kai looks like a beautiful garden in her own floral printed one-shouldered dress. I also wasn't familiar with her designs so please check her out the exclusive interview at Ladybrille, the best African website for fashion!



Oluchi Onweagba won "Model of The Year". She looks wonderful in her printed Eric Raisina strapless dress.


David Tlale also won for "Designer of the Year". I always admired his innovative funky designs. Our African brothers and sisters are so talented. I am looooving his sleek ensemble!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look amazing but wasn't this last year event?

Liberian Girl said...

Yeah, I know and I been meaning to post this for the longest so I am a little too late LOL!

xoliquoricexo said...

That's Adama Kai. Lindiwe wore Kluk CGDT and Oluchi wore Eric Raisina.

Beautiful people :-)

XO,

Kemi//http://www.shopliquorice.blogspot.com

Liberian Girl said...

Thanx for the ID xoliquoricexo!