Sunday, June 13, 2010

64th Annual Tony Awards


Beyonce, Jay-Z, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith are all producers/investors of the musical "Fela!". I immensely enjoyed Fela's vibrant performance tonight.

Beyonce looks beyond fabulous in her purple chiffon Catherine Malandrino draped dress.




Jada Pinkett Smith is letting me have it in this wonderful red ruffled Marchesa strapless dress! Normally this silhouette would be too much for her petite frame but she worked it out!

I love Jada but what is going on with her face? Why is it so hard and tight? Did she get some work done? I need answers to these questions!


Even though I wished Michelle Williams would've worn some color, she looks sensational in this black paillette one-shouldered dress.

I am loooving her pixie short cut and her bold earrings!

I have to admit that I am not too thrill about Kerry Washington peach ombre Emanuel Ungaro dress with a lavender lace bustier underneath. Of course she looks great but I am not jumping out of my chair.


Viola Davis looks remarkable in this chartreuse satin haltered custom made David Meister dress adorned with a drama train.



Viola Davis and Denzel Washington both won for best actor and actress for their role of a 1950's troubled married couple in August Wilson's play "Fences". It was the first time in Tony history that African-American performers won best actor and actress in a play for the same theater season.

Is it me or Denzel looks a little rough? Please don't tell me his age is finally catching up with him!


Lucy Liu took the softer road in this beautiful blush sculptural Marchesa embroidered bodice dress.



Naomi Watts looks beyond fabulous in her nude bold shoulders Rm by Roland Mouret belted dress.


Catherine Zeta Jones won a Tony for her role in the musical "A Little Night Music". Her ice blue strapless tulle Versace dress is magical.

I wish I can say the same about her old lady hair an her 1980 atrocious make-up! Her make-up artist needs to haul off and shot!

2 comments:

stylebyrachael said...

Naomi Watts looks SO amazing!! Definitely my favorite.

Deanna Jackson said...

Hi Liberian Girl,

We are on the same page with Mrs. Jada.....She indeed looks lovely in Marchesa and she has definitely had something done; looks like Jada has gotten veneers which has made the look of her jawline very tight!!

I could be wrong, though.