Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 BET Awards:The Show

I have to admit that I was immensely disappointed with the 2010 BET Awards. It was just a bunch of foolishness to me. I kept toning in and out so I didn't see all of the performances but I did enjoy Alicia Keys, Diddy and Chris Brown.

Queen Latifah was the host and she did wardrobe changes from different eras in her life from her "Ladies First" African attire to her "Set It Off" gangster attire.

She looks fabulous in her black sequined one-shouldered dress paired with strappy sandals.



Alicia Keys looks absolutely gorgeous showing her baby bump in her purple satin draped dress.

The talented singer won two BET awards for "R&B Female Artist" and "Best Collaboration" with J-zay for- Empire State of Mind.



Monica wore me out in this stunning sculptural Alexandre Vauthier bold shoulders dress paired with Christian Louboutins thigh high boots! She looked flawless from head to toe. I missed her duet with Denise Williams.



Prince was honored with the "Lifetime Achievement Awards". Stevie Wonder paid tribute by video. Alicia Keys did a wonderful tribute. Janelle Monae and Patti Labelle was yelling all over the stage.

Seriously, where does Prince find these ensembles? Who makes these clothes for him? Anyway, he still looks pretty as ever. The man is over 50 and he looks like he is sweet sixteen!

I am not trying to be funny but does he have a lace wig on?

Ciara looks red hot in this red leather Dsquared2 strapless dress.


You know I love me some Nia Long and Lorenz Tate. The "Love Jones" duo reunited last night. God, I love that movie!


Chris Brown did a phenomenal tribute to Michael Jackson last night. I was blown away with his dancing. He put his heart and soul into it. It felt like it was Michael up there, it send shivers down my body.

I don't care what anyone say about his break down last night performing "Man In The Mirror". It was heart felt and not a publicity stunt!


In the words of my friend Jessie, where did they dig El Debarge from? I like El just like everybody else but I don't need to see him performing ten songs on stage.

It looked like they just got him from the halfway house and dusted him off!

5 comments:

TREATMENT28 said...

The BET Awards Were Good. One Of My Favorite Moments Was The Monica And Deniece Williams Collaboration! Monica Looked Great And She Opted For A More Avant-garde Look, Wearing Alexandre Vauthier’s Couture Jacket. So Unexpected BUT It Was A Pleasant Surprise. Not Everyone Is Going To Like The Look ; That Is The Beauty Of Fashion. I Love The Fact That See Worn Something She Loved And Out Of Her Comfort Zone. Monica Is Such A Great Singer With A Humble Spirit…I Wish Her All The Best With Her New Single “Love All Of Over Me”

Deanna Jackson said...

Hi Liberian Girl,

Chris Brown reduced me to tears!! I agree with you, his performance was out of this world and he put his heart and soul into it; definitely not a pub stunt. He is about the only performer who comes this close to Michael Jackson in dancing; Chris' skill shows he is a true student of MJ. In my heart I feel this performance was a true testiment from CB to the world that yes I messed up but I'm looking at the "Man in the Mirror" (pun intended) :-) and trying to make that change.
Hopefully everyone can forgive this young man (because we all deserve a second chance) and celebrate his talent.
MICHAEL JACKSON WOULD'VE BEEN PROUD!

Liberian Girl said...

Well said Deanna! This is exactly how I feel.

Connie said...

The only thing he was crying about was his career going down the tubes!

Sheryl said...

I thought the show was decent too. Stop messing with El Debarge! His appearance was a pleasant surprise. He looked and sounded good. Prince is still sexy as he**.