Thursday, May 06, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Suno




When I first view Suno collections, I instantly thought it was Nigerian designer Duro Olowu's line because of the vibrant colors and vivid prints. To my great surprise it was actually Suno started by designers Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty.

The design process takes place in New York then it's transported to local talented artisans in Kenya where they are produced. The beautiful east African textiles are fill with vibrant ethnic, checker, stripes and abstract prints which are meant for mixing and matching.

Suno is becoming on of my favorite line because of the stunning patterns and colors. I may be from west Africa but a Liberian woman like myself can certainly appreciate my neighbors from the east for their incredible craftsmanship.

1 comment:

The Fashionable Collegian said...

I love the patterns and fabrics used in this collection. Don't even get me started on the colors. Afro-Chic!