Monday, March 22, 2010

Woman Of Style: Constance White















I have been a fan of Constance White since the early nineties when she was a reporter for Women's Wear Daily. I appreciated her extensive knowledge of the fashion industry. She worked in the fashion world for over 15 years contributing to impressive publications such as Essence, New York Times and British Vogue.

The EBay Style Director always wear vibrant colors, texture or prints. She looks fabulous in ethnic and floral prints. She mixes classic garments with funky pieces; it could a stunning necklace, belt or embellishments just to give her garments some oomph.

"Style Noir" written by Constance is was one of my first fashion bibles that I still cherish to this day. Ten years later, I am still using valuable tips from the book. It focused on African-American women style and influential African-American designers who are making a difference in the fashion industry.

For years, I have been trying to get my hair like hers(still trying). I loooove her funky curly hair just as much as her impeccable style!

1 comment:

Deanna Jackson said...

As well, I love Constance White for her knowledge of the fashion world and her style is classic with an eclectic twist.