Friday, March 05, 2010

3rd Annual Essence Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon


Yes, I know this sparkly mini dress is a little too sexy for a luncheon but I don't care because Nia Long looks stunning from head to toe! I love her beautiful drop earrings, encrusted belt and nude heels. Her skin is always so flawless.


Zoe Saldana took the delicate approach in this divine nude lace Valentino dress paired with sensational nude strappy Christian Louboutin sandals.


Mary J. Blige looks refreshing in her aqua blue one- shouldered dress.

Queen Latifah looks absolutely sleek and chic in this white crisp pantsuit. I loooove everything about this look...pure perfection!


Even though Jada Pinkett Smith dress have some embellishments, it's still a little too bland for my taste. Please don't me started on her atrocious hair.


Serena Williams looks fantastic in this white ruffled detail dress paired with equally fantastic bow sandals.


Taraji P. Henson looks great in this blue one-shouldered dress.


I don't care for this ensemble Keri Hilson is rocking at all. It just wasn't sophisticated enough for such an important event. Did she and Jada get their hideous hair done at the same salon?


Keke Palmer looks sweet in this white zig-zag sheer sleeves dress paired with silver peep-toe sandals.


Vivica Fox looks simply divine in this black sequined Naeem Khan dress. I love it when she tones it down.


Paula Patton continues to glow in this green print embellished Carolina Herrera sheath dress.


I am on the fence regarding Tracee Ellis Ross embroidered dress. It's ugly cute.


Okay Joy Bryant, we get it, you are a hippie and love bohemian pieces but this is not the venue for this ensemble.


Thank God Gabourey Sidibe cover her arms. She looks cute in this emerald dress.


Anika Noni Rose continues her winning streak in this adorable black and white textured Carmen Marc Valvo strapless dress.


I really have to say that this is the best I have seen Tichina Arnold look. Her white strapless flirty dress is beyond chic and her hair and make-up is simple and soft.


I am so happy that Vanessa Williams funk up her hair a little bit because lately it was looking a little too dry and boring. l adore her white ruffled blouse and high-waist skirt.


I was too distraught when I heard that Malinda Williams and her husband DJ D-Nice were getting a divorce. Why oh Why? I really thought they made such a nice couple. Anyway, she still looks wonderful in this black textured Nicole Miller dress.


Holly Robinson Peete is a version of fabulousness in this red and black one-shouldered dress.

LeToya Luckett looks too cute in this rose ruffled haltered dress.


Blah, Blah and nothing about the Blah! Viola Davis is boring me to no end in this black strapless dress. Can I have something? Statement necklace, bracelet or pop of color heels.


I want Laila Ali polka-dot ruffled dress in every color!


Tatyani Ali wore a tasteful plunge teal drape dress.


I am split when it comes to Mary Mary ensembles. Tina Campbell multi floral print dress is cute and it fits her well. I know Erica Campbell have a bun in the oven but her floral ensemble is unflatting on her.


I know Victoria Rowell doens't have an ounce of fashion sense but why does she always look like some confuse crazy woman?


Speaking of looking like a crazy woman! I love Cicely Tyson to death so out of respect I am going to leave the comments to you guys.

6 comments:

Connie said...

Everybody except Victoria and Cicely looks fabulous. I like what Keri and Joy are wearing because it suits their personalities well.

Oh Cicely, Cicely, you look a hot mess.

Sheryl said...

Both Victoria and Joy are too pretty to dress like they do. They let a 16 year-old them. KeKe looks fabulous as do the other ladies.

I try to respect my elders, so I won't comment on Cicely.

P. said...

I have to disagree with you about Jada Pinkett Smith's look. I actually like it. It is a perfect day-time look. I think she a Nia Long have it right on the money and Tracey Ross-almost there. I do think Tracey's dress may be one of those that probably pop in person.

Taraji and Mary J. Played it safe, going for sleek sophistication in solid colors that look well day, and night.

I really wanted to talk about Jada's hair though. I love it!
I was curious to see if you were African, and I read on your blog that you were in fact, Liberian. Great!
I'm an African-American who respects the fact that my ancestry is on that continent and have visited it several times.

However, I often find that Africans who love fashion and beauty have such limited views about what we should do with our hair. I used to have very long hair and I found that when I go to fashion shows at Bryant Park, it's mainly African women who think I've committed the gravest sin by no longer wearing it blown-out, bone straight. Now, I have a very conservative hair cut, and nothing like Jada's.

That said, I know you are an individual, and I see that you actually also do not care for Keri Hilson's hair as well, neither do I.

But I did think that in terms of fashion, Jada's hair is actually right on point.

Liberian Girl said...

Thank you for your comment P. That is what this blog is all about voicing your opinion.

I actually love funky natural hair. I wear my hair in a funky twist hairstyle. Jada's hair just look a hot mess to me but I am glad you like unique styles just as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

Cicely looks like the church hat episode of "Everybody Hates Chris"
=)

Anonymous said...

I love Cicely T's church lady/Ascot races hat. It is out of control and when you are as wonderful as she is you can do anything you want.
Viola Davis looks beautiful--I agree she could use a pop of color--turquoise necklace?--but she is so pretty.
Jada PS looks great. Usually I see her with very sleek, controlled hair, but this is fine for a change. Another
beauty who is an original.