Thursday, February 11, 2010

R.I.P. Alexander McQueen

My customer came in distraught and broke the horrible news to me that the great talented London-based designer Alexander "Lee" McQueen was found dead at his London home after apparently committing suicide.

My heart is still beating from utter shock. How can this be? I am so devastated. His beloved mother just died a week ago. Some are speculating that may be the cause of his death. The designer was only forty years old. My prays go out to his family and friends.

Other great designers like Chanel, Gianfranco Ferre and Yves Saint Laurent have gone on but Alexander McQueen is part of my generation. It's a dark dark day in the fashion world.

4 comments:

Connie said...

OMG! I literally had to sit down when I heard the terrible news. One of the greatest designers ever.

Anonymous said...

What a great loss to the fashion industry. His collections were always so innovative.

Anonymous said...

i am so saddened. could you do a post on all his designs in memory of him...he is one of my favorite designers....RIP!

Liberian Girl said...

It would be my pleasure.