Sunday, January 31, 2010

52nd Annual Grammy Awards


Rihanna
is giving me 100 percent high glamour in this stunning white feathered high-neck Elie Saab dress. She looks like a couture snow goddess.

It was so cute when she, J-Zay and Kanye West won for Best Rap Song By a Duo/ Group for "Run This Town". J-Zay brought Beyonce's cute little nephew Daniel on stage with them.



I am still on the fence about Beyonce nude embroidered Stephane Rolland dress. It seems like she and Rihanna are always competing on the red carpet. Rihanna first wore Balmain then guess what? Beyonce started wearing Balmain. Rihanna first wore Stephane Rolland then guess what? Beyonce wore Stephane Rolland. Beyonce always wear Elie Saab and guess what? Rihanna wore Elie Saab. Maybe it's just me. What do you guys think about her dress?

One thing I am certain about is I hate her hair. What is up with the hideous sparkle?



Jennifer Hudson is giving me chicness in this black Victoria Beckman peplum dress. The "Girls" are up and perky.



I have to admit that I wasn't too crazy about Mary J. Blige fuchsia peek-a-boo Gucci dress. It's something about the ill fitting bodice of the dress that is not really working for me.

I am not digging this bundle of confusion Givenchy ensemble Ciara is rocking at all. She is going a little overboard with her couture adventure. It looks extremely force instead of effortless.

Keri Hilson looks amazing in this blush fishtail strapless Dolce & Gabanna dress. I adore the embellishments on her waist.


Toni Braxton looks marvelous in this sexy white one-shouldered David Meister dress.

Niecy Nash continues to give me fever in this gorgeous gold shimmering tiered dress.

Ashanti gold beaded low-rise dress feels a little too old fashion for my taste. Everything from her hair screams beauty pageant.

Melody Thornton looks sexy as ever in this blush beaded dress. I adore her up-do hairstyle.

Melanie Fiona yet again is a little over dressed but she looks marvelous in this black bubbled one-shouldered dress.

Lalah Hathaway looks beautiful in this champagne satin dress. I absolutely looooove her hair.

Shaun Robinson is sparkling in this Theia mini dress.

I wish Ledisi black one-shouldered dress wasn't so shapeless. She needs to show off her delicious curves.



Taylor Swift aka GQ(Glitter Queen) looks radiant in this teal sequined off-the-shoulders Kaufman Franco dress.

I truly enjoyed Taylor and one of my favorite singers of all time Stevie Nicks performance. It was like Stevie was passing the baton to Taylor.



I swear these country girls were giving me fever! Jennifer Nettles looks remarkable in this red and black cut-out Victoria Beckham dress.


I have yet to dislike a sexy backless dress. Katy Perry looks superb in this gold embellished Zac Posen dress.



Unlike "GQ" Carrie Underwood put down the glitter and wore this fantastic white satin Georges Chakra asymmetric dress.



Surprise, surprise, Lady Gaga wore an out of the world ensemble. Giorgio Armani was actually behind this creation. Her Armani Prive sparkly "Jetson" dress was perfect for the avante garde singer.



Back to planet Earth, Nicole Kidman looks incredible in this black embellished Prada haltered dress.

Pink looks fantastic in this ombre textured Tony Ward strapless dress. She always to show her softer side on the red carpet.

Her performance blew me away tonight. It was like watching Cirque Du Soleil.


I wasn't wowed by Fergie electric blue silver trim Emilo Pucci dress. It was nothing to write home about.



Miley Cyrus rocked a printed Herve Leger dress to match her eyes.



Lea Michele looks absolutely adorable in this black one-shouldered feathered Ramona Keveza dress.

6 comments:

Connie said...

I love Beyonce and Mary J. Blige dresses. They both look amazing.

You always complain about Beyonce wearing sequins all the time and when she doesn't, you are still not satisfy.

sheryl said...

First off, Jennifer Hudson's body is ON POINT! esp. for just having popped a little one... the dress fits her like a glove!

Leah Michele, Keri Hilson and Pink get my vote for best dressed.

Beyonce's dress was just not memorable to me; not ugly but not breathtaking as one would expect a singer of her stature at the grammies (nonetheless) to wear. This is the one event where they can really go wild!

Ciara is a mess. Ashanti even more (sooo tacky).

Rihanna's dress would have been better with less of a collar, but it is still a fabulous fashion statement.

Melanie Fiona is gorgeous but that was an inaugural ball dress!

I hope Gaga is wearing a wig, b/c if she is really subjecting her hair to that many chemicals, she will be bald in the next couple of years! Otherwise, I think her dress was actually beautiful in an artistic kind of way.... very well sculpted, and it fit her attitude! if anyone was gonna wear it, would be her!

Liberian Girl said...

Sheryl, your critique is totally on point!

Anonymous said...

I am suprised that you did not notice Jennifer Lopez's ill fitting dress..it was just a bit too tight.

Liberian Girl said...

Anon, you are certainly right. JLo dress is a little too tight and come to think of it I hate her hair!

Divalocity said...

I love Beyonce Incorporated and as a designer, I wonder why she never wears many of her own designs as say, Rachel Roy, Tracee Reece, Donna Karan, Tori Burch and Carolina Herrera?

I've said that I would write a blog post about this because when I see an individual shunning the clothing that they want others to wear it bothers me, but haven't gotten around to it. This tells me that they don't believe in the clothing they want to sell. What do you think?