Monday, August 03, 2009

Fall 2009 Trend: Ruche Awakening

Balenciaga

Jason Wu

3.1 Phillip Lim

Lanvin

Fabulous Celebrities in Ruche Pieces

Charlize Theron in Lanvin

Sanaa Lathan

Jessica Biel in 3.1 Phillip Lim

Jennifer Hudson In Gianfranco Ferre

Garcelle Beauvais Nilon In Max Azria

Zoe Saldana In Bottega Veneta

It was all about draping and layers at the Fall 2009 fashion show. I personally love ruched garments because it brings incredible drama to an ensemble.

My favorite collections were Balenciaga and Lanvin whom are the kings of draping fabulous garments. The key to making this work is to make sure to keep it simple with the other pieces you are wearing or else you will look like a hot mess curtain!

Draping is a perfect way to hide any imperfections. Curvy women this is your season to drape away. If you are petite, please keep it to a minimal so it won't be too overwhelming. I know it's still Summer but Fall is my favourite season and I can't wait to rock my fabulous ruche pieces!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...Jennifer Hudson In Gianfranco Ferre is on FIRE!!!!!
love it, love it, LOVE IT =]