Monday, May 04, 2009

Costume Institute Gala- "The Model As Muse: Embodying Fashion"

BRINGING ON THE DRAMA!

Iman is just simply spectacular! She looks stunning in this ivory one-shouldered Donna Karan dress. Words can't express how much I love this woman.


Rihanna made her debut on the the red carpet and I am looovin it! It's a little rock and roll and beyond funky. Only Rihanna can pull this off. I know a lot of you guys are going to disagree but this is totally perfect for Rihanna. She looks great in this black puff sleeves Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo pantsuit. Please let me know what you guys think.


Kate Moss is pretty much shutting it down in this gold metallic one-shouldered Marc Jacobs dress. Who would had thought a turban would work with this look? I normally don't care for matchy matchy but it works .


Oluchi Onweagba looks magnificent in this black and white floral Oscar de la Renta gown.


Blake Lively looks gorgeous in this teal chiffon one-shouldered Versace dress. The split is a little too high but she is young so she can get away with it.

Eva Longoria looks ultra sexy in this black keyhole Diane von Furstenberg jersey dress. I love her silver chain necklace but just not with the dress.

Kate Beckinsale looks incredible in this navy and silver beaded feathered Marchesa dress. Talking about bringing on the drama!


Jessica Biel looks vibrant for once in this marvelous red rise and fall Versace tiered dress. She did go a little over board with the tan spray!



Chanel Iman is giving me fever in this leopard Zac Posen dress paired with a fabulous silver double strand necklace.



Ciara black and white Emilio Pucci dress is amazing but the butt print on the back is always a no no! Why couldn't they just go up a size?


Tyra must think she is doing a lesson on how to pose. Give it a rest and be natural! I am still on the fence about her black ruffled Badgley Mischa dress. I do know that I hate her hair.

Cindy Crawford electric blue Versace dress is on fire! I only wish it wasn't' so matchy matchy with the clutch and shoes.


I don't hate Victoria Beckham polka-dot Louis Vuitton adorned with a train dress but I don't love it either. I just expected more from her.

Emmy Rossum is letting me have it in this charcoal Carolina Herrera mermaid dress!


What happen to my chic pregnant Heidi Klum? This J. Mendel dress is a bundle of confusion!

3 comments:

Renee said...

I don't know about the suit on Rihanna...and her hair and makeup are overdone. Kate Moss looks amazing. Who would've thought, right?

Evelyn Esi said...

Rihanna lets the outfit wear her. The sad fact with many of the younger so called "fashionistas" is that they are not really style icons because they are just dressed up by stylists who construct their "look". Most of these ladies are presented with outfits and they are told which ones they should wear. That's not having good fashion sense, but rather just following instruction. This is why many times, when photos are taken these ladies look stiff and lacking in that inner edge. Most times all I see are beautiful gowns worn by pretty girls who lack the persona to pull of true style. I think Grace Jones would have worked this outfit better, as she has made a career of being daring and avant garde. We see a caricature of this in how Lady Gaga is being constructed by her stylists. I don't care what people say, true Glamour cannot be bought, it's a state of mind.

Anonymous said...

the "butt Print" on Ciara's dress is amazingly sexy