Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Designer Of The Week: Requiem


Designers Raffaele Borriello and Julien Desselle

First, I would like to say these boys are gorrrrgeous! Raffaele Borriello and Julien Desselle are extremely talented and pleasing to the eyes. Their sophisticated and elegant collections remind me of the 1940's and 1950's but yet so modern.

The hot boys as I called them have an impressive resume: Collection Director for Gucci, YSL and Sonia Rykiel for Raffaele; Dior and Costume National for Julien. They decided to launch their Haute Couture line in 2007 with their incredible credentials.

I am just in love with every single piece in their collections. I love the delicate, feminine and sculptural tier silhouettes. Black and white seems to be the chosen color palette with a touch of mustard and cerulean blue.

Again, I am surprise celebrities are not knocking down their door to rock their immaculate garments. I guess Hollywood is all about wearing clothes that are loan to them while we lust or use our mortgage payment to buy what they are wearing even though they didn't pay a dime! I am sorry but I just had to vent.

No comments: