Monday, March 16, 2009

Angela Burt-Murray: Essence Editor-In-Chief of Essence Magazine

Angela Burt-Murray

Angela Burt- Murray, (I would kill for her dress) Tyra Banks and Michelle Ebanks

Angela Burt- Murray and LisaRaye

Tye Tribett and Angela Burt- Murray (Her Lela Rose dress is on fire!)

Essence magazine has brought African-American women beauty, fashion and lifestyle for over 40 years. Angela Burt-Murray became the editor-in-chief of Essence magazine in 2005. She is the former executive editor of Teen People and Honey magazine. She is also the author of "The Angry Black Woman Guide to Life" and "The Vow". The wife and mother of two is representing what Essence magazine is all about; intelligent, beautiful and driven African-American women and not to mention her style is beyond chic and her pixie haircut is fabulous.

Essence Magazine has always been my fashion bible. When I view Vogue and other publications, I feel a disconnect because African-American women are simply not represented. When I read Essence, I can relate to the struggling single mothers, Buppies, and the millionaire sisters because we all share the same successes and struggles no matter of our background.

Angela Burt- Murray has update the magazine to a more vibrant and modern design. My sisters and I always dream of being on the cover of Essence since college because they made everyone look stunning. Essence makes me proud to be an African-American woman and thank you Angela Burt-Murray for your encouraging words!


No comments: