Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009 Oscars: Best Dressed


I have to admit that I was a little let down this year at the Oscars because no one really send me running butt naked into the streets yelling for joy.

Taraji P. Henson did manage to put a smile on my face. She looks gorgeous in this buttercream layered strapless Roberto Cavalli dress. Her diamond Fred Leighton necklace was also to die for!


Viola Davis looks radiant in this gold metallic Reem Acra haltered dress. I am so happy that her make-up is more polished than usually.


Kate Winslet looks elegant as ever in this steel gray one-shouldered YSL dress with lace overlay. I could have done without the lace though.


Yes I know, Angelina Jolie wore a boring black strapless Elie Saab dress but the woman is beautiful so she doesn't have to try hard like the rest of us. She still looks amazing.


Queen Latifah looks sensational in this navy embellished Georges Chakra dress.


Anne Hathaway looks exquisite in this crystal strapless Armani Prive dress. She looks like a porcelain doll.

Jennifer Aniston also wore a magnificent beaded Valentino dress. I wonder did she wanted to out-shine Angelina Jolie? She was acting a little nervous when she was presenting the award and of course the camera went straight to Angelina and Brad!


Alicia Keys looks great in this raspberry Armani Prive dress but what the hell is going on with her hair and is it me or she looks like she got some work done around her eyes? Maybe it's just her hideous make-up!


Natalie Portman also opted for a marvelous raspberry strapless Rodarte dress.


Even though Freida Pinto looks great, I just expected more from her. This blue beaded John Galliano Couture dress looks a little "Dancing with the Stars" on her but the one-shouldered neckline is divine.



I am surprise Marisa Tomei is wearing this ivory pleated Versace dress since January Jones recently wore the light blue version to the Golden Globes awards. She still looks incredible. Marisa is not afraid to take a risk!

I know just like Paula Abdul Grammy dress, a lot of people are going to hate Jessica Biel sculptural Prada dress but I love it! I just wish her hair was more polished.


Melissa George looks spectacular in this white strapless mermaid Dolce & Gabbana dress.


Evan Rachel Wood looks wonderful in this nude draped strapless Elie Saab dress. I just wish the color was a little darker because it's too close to her skin color.

Heidi Klum brought little drama to the Oscars wearing a RM Roland Mouret sculptural dress. The back of the dress is on fire!


Amy Adams looks regal in this crimson and black Carolina Herrera dress. I love her jeweled Fred Leighton necklace but it really doesn't go with her dress.


Virginia Madsen looks fantastic in this red sculptural strapless Kevan Hall dress!


I don't care what anyone say Tilda Swinton looks fabulous in this taupe and black draped Lanvin ensemble. Tilda is fashion forward and has her own independent style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks pretty good for the most part. Anne Hathaway's dress has to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.