Saturday, January 03, 2009

Michelle Obama's Inauguration Ball Gown

My Favorite Sketches

Oscar de la Renta dresses are elegant and beautiful and he put some thought into Malia and Sasha silhouettes.

Isaac Mizrahi dresses are vibrant and lovely and Malia and Sasha dresses are adorable.

Michael Kors one shouldered royal blue dress is simply gorgeous.

Monique Lhuillier red asymmetrical dress is sophisticated and modern.

Elie Tahari lavender draped dress is to die for!

Tracy Reese lavender embroidered dress is chic as ever.

Kai Milla bronze dress is giving me fever!

Diane von Furstenberg white belted dress and her yellow striped suit are sensational!

Hot Mess Designers Sketches

I thought Betsey Johnson was on crack and this sketch definitely confirms my allegation!

Christian Lacroix has Michelle Obama looking like a ghetto superhero!

Zac Posen has too much going on!

I am sure everyone has already seen these sketches of designers competing to dress Michelle Obama for the historical Inauguration of Barack Obama in Washington on January 20th. I know I sound a little shallow but who cares about the economy, I just want to know who Michelle Obama is going to wear? It would be wonderful if she picks my fellow Chicagoan Maria Pinto and put her on the map like Carolyn Bessette Keneddy did by wearing Narciso Rodriguez's simple ivory silk dress on her wedding day to John F. Kennedy Junior. Michelle Obama is a fashion icon for every woman because she is intelligent and has impeccable taste!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she picks Michael Kors or Monique Lhuillier dress. I am sure whomever she picks, she will look amazing.Betsey Johnson's dress is a complete joke.

LadySutton said...

I love the Michael Kors and the Diane von Furstenburg gowns. I know Betsey Johnson's designs can be a little quirky, but I like the gown;-)