Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Designer Of The Week: Gianfranco Ferre


Designers Tonnasi and Roberto Rimondi of 6267


Celebrities in Gianfranco Ferre

Selita Ebanks

Anne Hathaway

Jennifer Morrison

Goldie Hawn


When Gianfranco Ferre known as the "Architect of Fashion" passed away in June of 2007, the fashion world lost a wonderful designer. I immensely love his collections since the early nineties. my eyes used to be glue to the television when his collections were featured on "Style"(God, I miss that show) hosted by Elsa Klench on CNN. It was the highlight of our week for my sisters and I to watch all the fabulous runway shows. I still have ancient VHS tapes of the show which I refuse to throw away.

The collection consist of fabulous sculptural pieces and amazing geometric shapes. Some garments were adorned with beads, paillettes and discs to give that futuristic vibe. The colors were soothing neutrals ranging from taupe, gray, black, white and a splash of metallic garments.

The line have been struggling for the last year until the dynamic duo Tommaso Aquilano and Roberto Rimondi of 6267 took over for the spring 2009 collection. I have a gorgeous charcoal gray sweater coat by 6267 which is to die for. They brought back the architectural and modern feel back to the line. I am sure Gianfranco Ferre is smiling from Fashion Heaven!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one has ever been able to pronounce those designers' names like Elsa Klensch!!! ha ha!!
v.

Anonymous said...

V. you are so right. That's how I learned to pronounce most of their names.