Thursday, October 09, 2008

Project Runway:Finale Part 1




This was the last chance for the designers to "make it work" and showcase their designs to make it to Bryant Park. They had to design a wedding dress and at the last minute a bridesmaid ensemble. I was blown away with Leanne's collection. I know these pictures do not showcase her architectural designs but they were beyond stunning. I hate to admit this but I think Leanne is going to win!






As much as I love Korto, I cringed when her wedding dress came down the runway. It was entirely too much going on! The pleats and ruffles were fighting with each other. Her bridesmaid dress was a big snooze. This was extremely difficult for me to watch.



Alexander McQueen dress

I hate to admit this but Kenley's dresses were sensation. The judges did mention the obviously fact that she totally copied Alexander McQueen dress but they still loved it. It was magically and the bridesmaid dress was equally dreamy. She managed to control her awful attitude(I still hate her) and did a fantastic job.




Jerell, Jerell, Jerell. What in the name of over-the-top foolishness are these dresses about? He does not know when to stop with the embellishments. He needs to be admitted into EA(Embellishment Anonymous)!

Project Runway season 5 is coming to an end and I am going to miss these fabulous designers. It all starting off with Tim Gunn visiting each designers at their hometown. He met Korto in Little Rock, Arkansas. Tim loved her collection but thought the wedding dress did not look like the tradition dress. I totally agree with Korto because I hate the traditional wedding dresses but hers was just over-worked. Korto introduced Tim to her adorable daughter, husband and friends. She also told her heroic story about she and her family fleeing from Liberia during the civil war which started in 1989. Her family like many other Liberians lost everything and had to start a whole new life. I was crying my eyes out because most of my family escaped the war and thank God for my wonderful mother and aunt, whom got most of them here in the states safely. Next stop was corky Leanne in Portland, Oregon. I fell in love with her collection. The colors were a beautiful aqua blue and white. She was inspired by the waves. Leanne introduced Tim to her husband and took him for a bike ride. Next stop was Jerell in Los Angeles. Tim hated his collection but since he is so refined he did it in a dignify manner. Jerell introduced Tim to his mother, striking sister and his friends. Tim's final stop was Kenley in Brooklyn, New York. Her inspiration was her late grandmother. Her feathered wedding dress was awesome and granted it mimicked Alexander McQueen's dress, it was still beautifully made. Kenley finally adjusted her attitude but she still a b*tch! Tim made a heartfelt speech to all the designers wishing them good luck. I was on pins and needles but my girl Korto made it along with Leanne and Kenley to the final three. They all have three different styles so this should be interested. I wish all three(even Kenley) of them the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and as a Liberian, I am happy you are representing for us.