Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Project Runway: Fashion That Drives You

Top Three Designers

This week the designers had to make a silhouette from Saturn's recycled car parts. I am still gasping for air from Korto's chic seatbeat design. This stunning woven creation is astonishing! My Liberian diva is blowing my mind! I thought she should had won this challenge but she came in second place.


Leanne amazing dress was made of car seats and the the ruffled bustier was seatbelts. I absolutely love this abstract dress. It was avant garde and innovative. I know I said Korto was the winner in my world but Leanne was the winner of this challenge and she certainly deserved it!


Jerells' futuristic outfit was tailored made and intricate. He used the interiors moldings of the car for his materials. It was Star Trek Chic!

The Bottom Three Designers

Whining Keith designs was so damn boring, I needed shots of tequila to wake me up! He was so afraid of what the judges may say that he designed a lackluster two piece. The judges just wanted him to make his hideous sloppy fringes ensembles more precise. He was booted off for this foolishness!



Stella is still here and for the life of me I don't know why? This looks like someone got dressed in the dark. She also used seatbelts for the skirt which I loved but why did she paired it with that horrendous top?


Blayne must have some type of fashion voo-doo because he makes it through every challenge with no talent at all. His materials was seatbelts and side view mirror for the necklace. I love the top half of the dress minus the ill fit but the bottom car wash looked like a car accident!

This week challenge was about being innovative and since must of the designers failed the first grocery challenge, Tim Gunn was giving them another chance. The designers had to make an outfit of Saturn's recycled car parts. I wasn't thrill about this challenge at first because I am thinking what can be fabulous about car parts but this was one of my favorite challenge to date. The designers blew me away being creative and resourceful. The guest judges were season 3 finalists Laura Bennett sitting in for Nina Garcia and fashion stylist Rachel Zoe. All the designers were on the edge with this challenge. Crazy Keith was cussing and going off on everyone, Stella was having withdrawals from not using heroin! Kenley's model Shannon(one of my favorite model) dropped out so Kenley wanted to curl up and die because she had to fit for another model. It really didn't matter to me because her zebra print puffy design was ugly on any model. Never -the- less my Liberian diva Korto coat dress was beyond stunning and Leanne sculpture piece just reminded my why fashion is my life!

No comments: