Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Project Runway Star: Korto Momolu




Korto Momolu and Mychael Knight
Fabulous Dress From Project Runway

Korto's Collection

Korto Momolu is the fabulous Liberian Diva whom is a contestant on the 5th season of Project Runway. The 33 year old currently lives in Mabelvale, Arkansas and she attended fashion school in Ottawa, Canada. She infuses African details into classic pieces which I simply adore. She is inspired by rich fabrics and textures and she designs for the real, full figured women. Her favorite designers are Tracey Reese and Valentino. The first challenge was using raw materials from Gristedes grocery store in New York. She was one of the top three designers with her fabulous yellow bell sleeves dress and her materials consist of tablecloths, greens and tomatoes used as a stunning necklace. I can't wait for to see her unique designs for the next challenge! She is representing for all the Liberian Divas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i know i need therapy. ha ha!! i came here tonight cause I just knew you'd blog about this! She was good wasn't she?

Anonymous said...

V.You are a Liberian diva like myself so I knew you would understand my enthusiasm about this girl. Her pieces are on fire!

Safera said...

I'm glad another season of PR is here. I hope Korto Momolu makes it to the finals.