Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Got My Crack/ Italian Vogue Black Issue


I felt like a hype walking in my neighborhood Barnes and Noble bookstore searching for crack or what we fashion divas called Italian Vogue. I was ecstatic to see there were two issues left. One issue was ripped so I almost had a heartache but thank God the other issue was in impeccable condition. I almost ran over everyone on my way home so I can view the most anticipated magazine of all times. When I got home, I immediately changed into something comfortable, lit a candle and pour a glass of my favorite Merlot. I felt like I was on a date with a hottie. When I saw it in real life, Sessilee Lopez, Liya Kebede, Naomi Campbell and Jourdan Dunn looked amazing on the cover and pulled out cover! I was a little disappointment at first because one had to go through literally about one-hundred pages of advertisements with Caucasian models before the actually Black Issue began. Finally on page 86 they featured the first African-American Supermodel from 1966 Donyale Luna, my diva girlfriend from Los Angeles shares the same fabulous name. Then on page 96, Naomi did a wonderful ad for Pinko. I cannot believe Naomi's sensation body! It was a cute segment on page 168 about fabulous up and coming African- American models called you have a go-see. It's a model named Hollis which could be Chanel Iman twin.Finally on page 177 and about two glasses of wine later I got a little touch of heaven. The editorial was based on Grace Jones with over exaggerated high top fades with the models painted in gorgeous black paint. The moment of truth began on page 219, The Black Issue and I was in model heaven. Everyone of my favorites were represented including Pat Cleveland, Iman, Alek Wek, Kiara Kabukuru, Karen Alexander,Yasmin Warsame and Gail O'Neill. Maybe I miss her but where was Beverly Johnson? I immensely loved Naomi Campbell Old World theme editorials and her nudity was tastefully done by photographer Steven Meisel. Sessilee Lopez editorial was mesmerizing, this girl has a naturally talent even if is seems she posed with the same sneered in every picture. Talent like hers you may see once every decade. I truly didn't care for Toccara Jones spread. It was just too raunchy for my taste but she is a beautiful girl. After one hour and a half and three glasses of wine later, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I do have to admit I wasn't excited at first about this token issue but it was executed extremely well...Bravo! Now all I need is a good looking Italian man to translate the magazine to me. Please all of my African-Americas divas purchase this magazine to prove to the fashion world that we are beautiful and our dollars do make a difference!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luglio 25! Mi'amica! Lei รจ tardi!! Sono una una negra bella di Chicago. Adesso, vivo in Italia. Look out for my blog/diary detailing my transition from the hood of Chi to the working class of Milan. It will detail shamelessly how i legally got my status to how the locals deal with my ghetto fab persona. BTW, they love us ;)...You're one of my favorites now. I'll keep you posted in the comments section.